Two weeks in a row! I’m on a roll! Here are some Things from around the internet, in bullet form:
- The Atlantic examines reading trends: more people claim to be reading a book now than they have in the past.
- “A Reader’s Book of Days,” suggestions for Christmassy readings on The Millions.
- Book Riot has a list of ebook deals. How had I not found this earlier?
- Also on Book Riot: why the Goodreads Reading Challenge might not be the best annual reading plan.
- Philip Pullman has released a short story from the world of His Dark Materials, one of my favorite book series. The only problem? It’s audio-only and on Audible, which means I can’t listen to it yet. Meh. In other news, Pullman is working on The Book of Dust, an extension of the series!
- A fascinating article on The Verge about how Amazon and Audible have changed reading habits.
And since it’s almost Christmas, I’ll share one of my favorite Christmassy photos. Here’s Palmer photographing his parents’ tree three years ago: